In another marketing promo for the film Avatar, Sigourney Weaver narrates a new episode of Planet Earth, in which she details the moon Pandora. It’s really a genius idea whoever thought of this. Watch the video below!
Happy New Years Eve Eve! It’s another boring day at work because I’m pretty much the only person here. So support my loneliness and check out some stuff from the Internets. LET ME BUY U A LIIINNKK:
- Kenny vs. Spenny is a Canadian show where two roommates compete for supremacy over another in ridiculous contests. This contest was “Who Is the Best Actor.” Kenny creates a German alter-ego named Helmut and hilarity ensues. VERE IS MY HUND?! WOLF?!
- Ice Cube!
- I thought the Bicycle Throw Form was only legend! Hai-ya!
- Witness the power of Twitter! I think Domino’s has some sales and marketing people to fire for this idea.
- If you have kids, please, find these books and read it to them.
- Mario and Luigi get a complaint about their services. On a side-note, does anyone else miss the “HUH” sound at the end of Collegehumor videos? Yeah, me too.
- And finally, if you’re a Call of Duty fan, check out the Mybusters Episode 2 video Defendthehouse did.
If you found anything on the internet that you’d like to share, post it on the comments below. And if you missed yesterday’s It’s the Interents!, click here to check it out. An ultimate list of end of the decade lists? You’re welcome. And if you’re on Twitter, come follow us! Being a leader means knowing when to follow.
Do you remember seeing that image somewhere? All the crazy stories coming out of Siberia about what caused it? Well it was an asteroid (or comet or UFO?!) in 1908,which was an explosion equivalent to between 5 and 30 megatons of TNT occurred near the Podkamennaya Tunguska River in a remote region of Russia’s Siberia. The Tunguska blast flattened 80 million trees, destroying an area of around 2,150 sq km (830 sq miles).
Well don’t look now, but another asteroid roughly three times as big as the Tunguska one is coming for Earth – but no worries, Russia plans to save us! Anatoly Perminov, head of Roscosmos, tells Voice of Russia radio that Moscow may invite experts from Europe, the United States and China to join the project aimed at thwarting the menacing asteroid Apophis.
“People’s lives are at stake. We should pay several hundred million dollars and design a system that would prevent a collision, rather than sit and wait for it to happen and kill hundreds of thousands of people.”
Well when you put it that way – this actually seems kind of scary. The asteroid is due to hit Earth in the 2030′s – NASA predicts 2036. NASA however also wrote that an update of its orbit indicated “a significantly reduced likelihood of a hazardous encounter with Earth in 2036.” NASA dropped the odds of it hitting Earth in 2036 from a 1-in-45,000 to 1-in-250,000 .
Perminov offers no hint as to how Russia plans to deal with Apophis, except to say it would not destroy the asteroid. He also said after having considered the project, Russia could invite experts from Europe, the United States and China to join it. This truly is right out of a movie script.
“No nuclear explosions (will be carried out), everything (will be done) on the basis of the laws of physics.”
There are no other details at this time, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated! Sounds like a mission for these guys – WE’LL DRAW STRAWS!
Update: It will probably look like this…
Here is a band I literally had not heard until today. I was going to write on a different band, but Bear in Heaven was recommended to me by Jeff, over at New Millenial, they made such an impression on me this morning – they are my next big band.
As pretty much every good indie band these days, Bear in Heaven is based in Brooklyn (all members from Georgia and Alabama) – formed by Jon Philpot (who messed around with his first band, The Presocratics). The band has a psychedelic-electronic feel to it. All their instruments blend together to create one massive sound that you have not heard else where. I sense a bit of MGMT in songs like “Lovesick Teenagers”. They might sound like a band you know – but they still maintain their own sound.
More After the Jump (with songs!)
CALL OF DUTY NERDS LISTEN UP! A while back you guys, and perhaps gals, watched a video called “Modern Warfare 2 Mythbusters” and it answered so many of the random questions you had. Well, the folks at defendthehouse did it again. They’ve given us Episode 2 and more answers to those random questions you have about the game. Check it out below:
And if you still haven’t seen the first episode of this, click here to check it out.
I guess it still hasn’t hit me that the end of this year marks the end of a decade. That’s crazy. Ten years?! Incredible. What’s also incredible, are these links:
- There are a lot of things I love in this world. One of them is definitely Hilarious Bootleg DVD Covers. Pepe Likes Tacos? Simply. Amazing. [Thanks Ian D.]
- Redneck water skiing. People from the South scare me because if they don’t care if they get hurt or die. So defending an attack against them will be like fighting off zombies.
- I hope Christopher Nolan decided to put a “Holy _____, Batman!” in one of his movies.
- Speaking of Batman, ask him what he got his parents….
- If you love the movie Up, here’s a song titled ‘Upular’ which is made up of sound clips and chords from the movie. Enjoy!
- And finally, so you don’t have to go searching for all of them, here’s an Ultimate List of End of the Decade Lists
If you found something awesome online, leave it on the comments below. And if you missed yesterday’s It’s the Internets! click here and check out what you missed. How To: Guido hairstyle instructional video and The Situation pondering about his situation? What more can you ask for? Also, come follow us on Twitter. We like to twat….things…..is that right?
Director Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight) has released a new trailer to his new film Inception. This trailer answers maybe one question (yes, it looks awesome), and brings up just about 100 more. The movie stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ken Watanabe, Tom Hardy, Michael Caine and Dileep Rao. It will be in theaters on July 16th. If Nolan directs it, DiCaprio stars in it, I will be there opening night.
Head on over to apple trailers (where they have a tight grip on this trailer) to watch it in HD.
DJ Earworm does it again. He’s created another mash-up of the top 25 songs of 2009 and created an incredible song. Although I kind of liked his 2008 mix more, this mix is definitely good. I just love how all of the songs mix so well together. Check it out below:
And if you still haven’t seen or heard his video for 2008, check out “United States of Pop 2008 (Viva La Pop)” below:
Which song do you think should have been put in and which mix was better?
Now that Christmas is done, the only thing we look forward to during Winter is New Year’s. And with that fast approaching, I think it needs to be Summer again. Just sayin’. So unless someone has a weather machine, Winter’s here to stay. So in the meantime, let’s freeze our butts off and check out these cool links:
- Pauly D from Jersey Shore shows you how to do your hair Guido Style. Now I know Halloween isn’t anywhere in the near future, but God knows how many people are going to be the cast of that show.
- Speaking of Jersey Shore, The Situation gets real. Like on the real real real real…
- A while back we showed you guys AN EPIC MASHUP OF MOVIE TRAILERS! Well we found ANOTHER EPIC TRAILER MASHUP OF TRAILERS MASHING UP
- If Swine Flu was the form of a football play, it would be this AWESOME running back play. Because it’s just ridiculously sick.
- “It absolutely terrifies and disgusts me to know…it takes everything inside of you to restrain yourself from coming to rape me.” Whether or not this guy wrote this Facebook message, that response is priceless.
- And finally, Darth Vader ruins Christmas for Luke.
If you found something online, post it on the comments below and we’ll put it up. And if you missed last week’s It’s the Internets!, click here to see what you missed. Two words: Japanese Snuggie. Also, if you have Twitter, come follow us! We’re too cool for school there too. Ta ta for now!
I’ve never heard of this guy but this song has got me hooked. This song reminds me of Summer, which is a good thing since it’s after Christmas and there’s no point to winter now. “Break Your Heart” reminds me a lot of “Sexy Chick”. Similarly, Taio Cruz reminds me a lot of Akon, except I think this guy can sing. If this song makes it to radio, which I hope it does, this is a definite Top 40 song. Check out the song below and the official music video here.
Did “You’re a Jerk?” ever make it to the radio? I don’t remember hearing it. New Boyz has a new song that breaks away from talking about jerkin’. The video doesn’t even show enough jerkin’! What is this?! But this song is decent and is definitely another “Summer” song. Check it out below.
Remember that new mysterious new band Monarchy? Well, no one knows who they are still, but they released a new song, and it’s their best yet. Follow the link to get to it.