Tag Archives: Star Wars
I went to the Disney for the first time last year, and it was incredible. But one thing that was extremely under-developed was the Star Wars ‘ride — Star Tours. They basically hadn’t touched it since the park opened. Well looky here Greg, apparently they have updated it to include tons of different versions and made it 3D. Guess I have to plan a trip back! Here is the ad they created for it though, I like the way they stare down Cinderella:
And a bonus one:
Star Tours is now open…so go go go!
Well folks, we are one writer down (even though Andrew never writes, so technically I am the only one right now). Genesis is in the hospital right now til Friday with some “ghost” problems, you can ask him for info. Anyways – these links are to make him less bored in the hospital, as well as provide you with entertainment! ENJOY!
- Wow, I cannot believe that flight attendants actually wore hot pants on planes.
- If you follow me on Twitter, you already saw this, but if not, Justin Bieber is 800% better when he is slowed down 800%.
- Scientists have found the oldest known fossil ever – 650 million years ago. Take that dinosaurs!
- A bear in the snow…or is it cocaine?
- Remember how weird Joaquin Phoenix was for like two years then disappeared? Well his (mock?) documentary finally has a trailer – and it looks awesome.
- AHH JANUARY JONES IS EMMA FROST! FYI – This is Emma Frost.
- Make sure you take it in – because come February – we will never see the Shuttle in space ever again
- Can you really ever trust a guy sports trainer?
- BBC Weatherman Fail – always good.
- I think something is lost in translation when Star Wars is put in silent film form.
- Even cats know how to ‘smack dat, all on da floor‘
- Wait a minute – this has to be fake or something right….RIGHT?!
- By the 25 Worst, they of course mean the 25 best infomercials. It’s all I do on Sundays without football.
- Uh this is just incredibly scary. Basically skyscraper window-washers dancing.
- I am a new True Blood fan (love it) – and they’re on the cover of Rolling Stone..whoa.
- And finally, for your consideration – Piranha 3D.
Hope everyone has a great rainy day and make sure to follow Genesis as he sits in a hospital bed and tweets sad things.
Even though George Lucas is pretty much a moron, and one of his producers recently ripped him (God that ending would’ve been sweet) – I still love (the original) Star Wars. At the huge Star Wars convention party this weekend – he released a deleted scene of Darth Vader and Luke. I think it could’ve stayed in, it’s simple but cool. You can check it out below.
Also, Lucas announced that the six movie Star Wars saga box set is coming out on Blu-Ray in 2011 and will feature deleted scenes – - wonder how much that will cost.
Geez this year is going by so fast – already July! Anyone have fun plans for the 4th? And also to all my history buffs out there – - On this date in history, Battle of Gettysburg started. FIRE UP THE DVD PLAYERS AND WATCH THE MOVIE!
- God, cats are such jerks. This is a perfect example – Cat Lassie.
- Kareem-Abdul Jabar just photobombed the Lakers victory celebration on stage. WHY IS EVERYONE HAPPY?!
- Now that the US is out of the World Cup – “Landon Donovan” has written his final World Cup Adventure of epic Broportions.
- With the release of Paranormal Activity 2 trailer, so many awful memories were brought back. Apparently it’s scarier than I thought though – because it’s being banned in theaters in Texas and before Twilight. WHAT WAS THAT?!
- James Franco (and friends) would like to send a special happy birthday message to Sam Raimi.
- Ever wonder what your neighborhood used to look like? Well Google has done it again with HistoryPin - users can upload their older photos and create a digital time machine (sort of).
- Could this be the fastest dog in the world?
- The ocean is scary. If you don’t believe/agree with me, you’re a moron! But seriously, I wouldn’t be surprised if this giant whale is down there somewhere still.
- Who makes all these?! The 100 Greatest Insults of All Time!
- We showed you Paraguay’s hottest fan – now check out Argentina’s Dorismar Noemi Kerchen (who was deported from the US in 2006..great work US!). She also reminds me of Sloan from Entourage.
- It would be pretty cool to have a pet AT-AT – especially because he poops little Jabbas.
- And finally – I wish I worked on the Old Spice commercials, because they have the best ad campaign out there.
Hope everyone has a great Fourth of July! We’ll be out this weekend (obviously) so go enjoy yourselves and see you on Tuesday! Make sure to follow Genesis on Twitter – he’ll be hosting a bbq tomorrow night.
Celtics advanced to the next round – it’s a good morning. Time to go face the Cav’s (with Lebron’s hurt elbow?!)
- Darth Vader uses his powers over Paul Walker in…the Force and the Furious. (Also a great Jaws remake with dolls in a bathtub.)
- I’ve been meaning to post this for a while, but keep forgetting, UNTIL TODAY! I would pay good money to go see these guys drive on walls in India!
- I could def picture my middle school orchestra teacher doing this…he was scary.
- If I had to get water like this, I would already be dead. Who knew baboon’s were so curious and smart at the same time?
- Yet again, more proof the NBA is fixing games!
- Another reason LA is awesome. A princess Leia Star Wars car wash..yes, in the slave outfit.
- I always feel like other countries have much more interesting political venues than America – Ukraine is in that group.
- Breaking news people! Backpacks are not people – so move them.
- Couldn’t agree more Dave – Jay Leno is a boob
- History would be so much fun if I taught it – because I would use lists like this: 6 historic acts of revenge that put “Kill Bill” to shame.
- A list of reasons why goats are amazing – and how it’s only a matter of time before they rule the world.
- Infinity Ward is falling apart. More staffers have left! And rumor is they will start charging on downloads? If you haven’t already, make the switch to Battlefield 2.
- Christopher Walken is so weird. Here he is describing his perfect day with Regis.
- SNL has perfected the fake food ads – here are the top 6 - – TACO TOWN!
- NEW T.I. – I’M BACK!
- In case you still didn’t see it, here’s Bango (the Buck’s mascot) doing a back flip off a 20 foot ladder and dunking it.
- And finally, Olivia Munn strips down for elephants.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter!
Well we’re back here. Hope everyone is having a great week – let’s get into it right away today:
- Remember how bad the newer Star Wars were? Well this guy is here to remind you.
- Asian people do a lot of weird things, but I know I would eat this – PANDA BREAD! (Thanks Katie H. for the tip)
- I usually hate a capella groups – but these guys from the University of Oregon rick roll’d a NYC subway pretty good. (Thanks to Daniel for the tip)
- Tuesday’s LOST was the best episode of the season by far. And Instant Dharma tries to break it down (spoilers)
- We like Modern Warfare here – well someone likes it a lot more – a Modern Warfare tribute short film.
- Keep going to school kids – it will pay off in the long run!
- There really isn’t any comedy in this funny or die clip, but it has Megan Fox.
- Anyone else feel a bit awkward/uncomfortable watching Tiger in the new Nike ad?
- Potato Chips are the most dangerous food to eat while driving. Ever try eating a chili dog while driving?
- And finally, for all you job hunters out there (me) – here are the best new jobs for men in 2010.
Hope everyone is enjoying the weather out there! Make sure to follow us on Twitter and check back here later today for our review of Kick-Ass!
Hey remember when we used to do this daily? Well it turns out that Genesis works in East Berlin circa 1983 now, so he is unable to keep all you readers up to date on the internets. So I thought, well Greg, you still don’t have a job, how about you help out? Well here I am, delivering my internet report to you. Enjoy.
- I understand Obama is a cool guy, but now he reads Star Wars pop up books too?!
- Did you see the Sharkman special last night on 60 Minutes? Well it was awesome. That’s because sharks are awesome. And now they are all compiled right here for you!
- Remember Battlefield Earth with John Travolta? Called one of the worst movies ever made – well screenwriter J.D. Shapiro would like to apologize for that.
- Hopefully this tiny invention will help clear all that space junk up.
- It seems a new Star Wars video pops up every 8 seconds. This one is not only witty, but catchy. LET’S HEAR IT FOR NEW HOOOOOOPE!
- This has to be fake. There is no way an elementary school could actually produce Scarface into a school play. (The girl deserves a child-Oscar)
- I have always wanted to go sky-diving. But after seeing this video, I’m a little more timid towards it. After you watch it, answer this – so is the pilot actually dead? They seem to just leave that open ended..
- And finally, giant bubbles of gas are threatening a small town in Indiana! Last time they popped one of these, the guy flew in the air 40 feet!
So I’ve just started the Harry Potter series. I’ve never read a book, never even seen a movie. So this has been quite an experience. A MAGICAL EXPERIENCE!!! IMA NERDUS TOTALLRIOUS!!!:
- I still haven’t had a chance to check out ChatRoulette yet, but I guess this is one way things can get awkward. Bonus: How to Win at ChatRoulette
- NERD ALERT!: this Stop Motion Lego Star Wars is preeettty sweeeettt
- Speaking of nerds, DOC BROWN IS A REAL PERSON!!! Friends? Where we’re going, we don’t need have friends
- And you thought using a Porta Potty was bad enough.
- And finally, the Wii Winter Olympics version of curling is definitely not the same as regular curling. It’s dirtier….
It’s going to be weird putting in a full week’s worth of work. I mean, without random days of being off because of snowtastrophies, people are going to expect me to do something productive. Bleh. So I guess, while I have the chance, here’s the Internets!:
- NERDS UNITE! The largest flashmob Lightsaber fight. <insert Duel of the Fates song> (Thanks Trevor T.)
- Who wants to buy concealable weapons? Because this guy has what you need.
- So apparently, monkeys are out to get us. (Thanks Ian D.)
- If only this was a real show and if only someone like this existed – oh wait, I think I’m just referring to Maury. “I even ate a piece of poop once!”
- And finally, if you’re brave enough, Chatroulette puts you in a random chat with someone else on the website. So if you have free time, a webcam, and don’t mind being creeeped out, check it out. (NOTE: Some of us here at Kibitzers would like to try this. So we’ll definitely chronicle our journey once we get a chance try it for ourselves)
If you found something online, post it on the comments below. And if you missed last week’s It’s the Internets!, click here. A tribute to George Washington and Sexy Senior Photos! And follow us on Twitter!